Regional / National Squad
'Regional / National Squad' (White Hats and Black when competing). (By Coach Invitation Only). LTAD Training to Compete.
- National Qualifying time in any distance or stroke.
- A Regional Qualiying time OR Consideration time in any stroke or distance. ** NOTE : Times must be achieved at age as of 31st December in the year in which the swimmer is applying to join the squad.** NOTE : If a swimmer in this squad does not achieve a Regional consideration time (age as of 31st December) by the closing date of the Regional Championships, they may remain in the squad, if however they do not gain a Regional Consideration time by the 31st June ( Plymouth Leander Level One Open and age as of 31st December ) they will transfer to the County Squad. ** NOTE : Consideration times for entry into the Regional Squad MUST be achieved at the following targeted meets : October - CBHSC Open L2 SC, November - Plymouth Open L2 SC, February - CCASA Counties L2 SC, March - Bristol L1 LC, May - ASA SW Regionals L1 LC, June - Plymouth Open L1 LC and July - Plymouth Non National Meet L3 LC.
- Commit to competitions gala's as planned by the Head Coach.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 licensed meets per year (licensed Level 3 or above), one of which must be Long Course and a Level 1 Licensed Meet.
- Commit to a MINIMUM of 5 sessions per week**, to include a minimum of 3 evening sessions. ** If 5 sessions cannot be achieved due to attendance at other sports/swimming clubs then a simple log book/sheet (detailed session activity) will be required as evidence of meaningful (other) training hours to the satisfaction of the Head Coach. The training outside the club requirements for this squad cannot exceed swimming training hours within the club and applies to club training days only. (If you are unclear about whether this applies to you please see your Coach for clarification). Meaningful training can be interpreted as training with a sports club/professional or other activity where the effort of work is sustained for a period greater than 30 minutes and at a level to induce a significant progression in either fitness or technique. This does NOT include school P.E activities.
- Attend dry land training (BIT) sessions. Minimum of 2 sessions per week.
- Attend 50m long course training (desirable)(NOT counted as one of the 5 minimum weekly sessions).
- Do the right things - arrive early - mobilise - bring all equipment - focus and responsibility for your training.
- Be on poolside at least 10 - 15 minutes before the start of the session to mobilise.
- Attendance and training attitude while in the County Squad will be reviewed.
- A consultation between the Head Coach and the County Squad C
oach as to the candidates suitablity and readiness to join the Regional Squad will take place.
This squad is a test of your commitment and attitude and if taken seriously it will take you forward in your swimming career. Monitoring by the coaches on your ability to complete the training session, your attendance, commitment and attitude within the training sessions will be ongoing. Any swimmer who fails to meet the required number of sessions without confirmation of illness, fatigue or examination on 3 weeks in any 12 week period shall be required to meet with the Head Coach and may as a result be transferred to an alternative squad.
PLEASE NOTE - The correct squad hat should be worn, not
just a coloured one. All squad hats can be purchased from the Club Desk
on a Monday night or from Caroline Trestrail.
PLEASE NOTE - The correct squad hat should be worn, not just a coloured one. All squad hats can be purchased from the Club Desk on a Monday night or from Caroline Trestrail.
Please inform Michael Kent if you cannot attend a specific training session by emailing email@example.com as a matter of courtesy.
Pool Training Times - From monday 4th september 2017
|Training Times||Total Training Time per Week - 9 Hours * plus 3 hrs morning training|
|Monday*||6.15am - 7.15am||Redruth|
|Monday||5pm - 6.45pm||Culdrose|
|Tuesday||6.00pm - 8.00pm||Helston|
|Wednesday*||6.15am - 7.15am||Redruth|
|Thursday||5pm - 6.45pm||Culdrose|
|Friday*||6.15am - 7.15am||Redruth|
|Friday||7pm - 9pm||Helston (until 13th October then time change to 8pm - 9.30pm)|
|Sunday||6.30pm - 8pm||Redruth|
* 3 x1 hour extra morning sessions are open to all junior squads and above.
Kick Board, Training Snorkel, Finger Paddles, Hand Paddles, Pull Buoy, Training Fins and Foam Roller Email Tracey Jolly for further information and specific design.
Land training-body weight exercises.
Test sets for aerobic capacity, endurance and efficiency.
Psychological testing, visualization.
Specific training, where appropriate.
Junior Squad or Senior Club
If competing at a high level is not what you want, however, you still want to compete and maintain your fitness through swimming you can join the Junior Squad or Senior Club Squad and continue with your training, if you wish to join one of the performance squads at a later date you still have the option. Generally, the Senior Club Squad will be for swimmers approximately 12 years plus, taking into account those children who want to reduce the commitment to training when they enter Year 7 at secondary school.