County Performance Squad
'County Performance Squad' (Pale Blue Hats and Black when competing). (Catagory 2 Swimmers Only). LTAD Training to Compete.
- Minimum 3x County Qualifying times for your age - freestyle events (sprint 50m or 100m), distance (200m, 400m, 800m girls and 1500m boys), 200 form stroke (NOT freestyle), 50m sprint (NOT freestyle) and a 200m or 400m IM.
- A Regional consideration qualifying time in any stroke or distance.
- Regular attendance at Level 1, 2 or 3 meets
- Compete in ALL EVENTS and DISTANCES on a regular basis.
- Maintain a minimum attendance of 3 sessions weekly ( a minimum of 2 evening sessions plus 1* other )within the squad programme.
- To continue to actively participate in Long Course 50m Pool Training and Land Training plus other training opportunities within the club.
- Be on poolside least 10 - 15 minutes before the start of the session to mobilise.
* If 3 sessions cannot be achieved due to attendance at other sports/swimming clubs then a simple log book/sheet ( detailed session activity ) will be required as evidence of meaningful (other) training hours to the satisfaction of the Head Coach. The training outside the club requirement for this squad cannot exceed swimming training hours within the club and applies to club training days only. ( If you are unclear about whether this applies to you please see your coach for clarification ).
Meaningful training can be interpreted as training with a sports club/professional or other activity where the effort of work is sustained for a period greater than 30 minutes and at a level to induce a significant progression in either fitness or technique. This does NOT include school P.E. activities.
For swimmers driven and proactive to achieve the highest of their ability, and aiming for the highest level of competitions.
Swimmers will be utilizing the complete balance programme tailored for this level of development in accordance with Long Term Athlete Development. Swimmers within this squad will be required to actively attend their current swimming commitment.
This squad is a test of your commitment and attitude and if taken seriously it will take you forward in your swimming career. Monitoring by the coaches on your ability to complete the training session, your attendance, commitment and attitude within the training sessions will be ongoing. Any swimmer who fails to meet the required number of sessions without confirmation of illness, fatigue or examination on 3 weeks in any 12 week period shall be required to meet with the Head Coach and may as a result be transferred to an alternative squad.
Swimmers can join this squad at any time at the discretion of the Lead Coach.
PLEASE NOTE - The correct squad hat should be worn, not
just a coloured one. All squad hats can be purchased from the Club Desk
on a Monday night or from Caroline Trestrail.
PLEASE NOTE - The correct squad hat should be worn, not just a coloured one. All squad hats can be purchased from the Club Desk on a Monday night or from Caroline Trestrail.
Targeted Meets that swimmers in this squad are expected
to attend are:-
Targeted Meets that swimmers in this squad are expected to attend are:-
CBHSC L2 Open Meet - October / Bodmin L3 Open Meet - November / CBHSC Invitational L3 - December / Plymouth L3 Christmas Meet - December / CCASA Counties L2 -
February / Bristol Hengrove L1 - April / ASA SW Regionals - April - May
/ Plymouth Non National Qualifiers Meet - July / ALSO all Club
Championships and Local Cornwall Meets. CDSSL and Arena League IF
CBHSC L2 Open Meet - October /
Bodmin L3 Open Meet - November /
CBHSC Invitational L3 - December /
Plymouth L3 Christmas Meet - December / CCASA Counties L2 - February / Bristol Hengrove L1 - April / ASA SW Regionals - April - May / Plymouth Non National Qualifiers Meet - July / ALSO all Club Championships and Local Cornwall Meets. CDSSL and Arena League IF selected.
Note: Swimmers throughout the County Performance Squad programme will be ideally looking to continue through to the clubs Regional/National Performance Squad programme. Swimmers will be offered to transfer fully to this squad when targets are achieved and both the County Performance squad coach and the Head Coach agree to the progression.
Please inform Anthony Vingoe if you cannot attend a specific training session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as a matter of courtesy.
Pool Training Times - from monday 4th september 2017
|Training Times||Total Training Time per Week - 7 hours * plus 3 hrs morning training|
|Monday*||6.15am - 7.15am||Redruth|
|Monday||8.30pm - 9.30pm||Redruth|
|Tuesday||6.00pm - 8.00pm||Helston|
|Wednesday*||6.15am - 7.15am||Redruth|
|Thursday||6.30pm - 8.30pm||Helston|
|Friday*||6.15am - 7.15am||Redruth|
|Friday||8.00pm - 9.30pm||Helston|
* 3 x1 hourextra morning sessions are open to all junior squads and above.
Kick Board, Training Snorkel, Finger Paddles, Hand Paddles, Pull Buoy, Training Fins and Foam RollerEmail Tracey Jolly for further information and specific design.
- Volume based training for PHV.
- Technical skills and drills for all 5 strokes.
- Interval based training, pace swims, builds, negative split swims descending sets, basic swimming speeds, pacing and over distance swims.
- Monitoring training, testing for progression.
- Sprints and relay training.
- Focus on correct technique, skills and drills.
- Focus on correct starts, turns and finishes.
- An understanding of the different competitions and LTAD Pathway in British Swimming Gala's and Open Meets, Development, County, Regional and National Events.
Swimmers joining the Regional/National Performance Squad programme must be aware of the minimum standards and criteria ! However the swimmers current level of commitment in the County Performance Squad may be maintained for a period of time agreed by the swimmer, Head Coach and Parent/Carer. After this agreed period of adaptation the full criteria of the Regional/National Performance Squad programme must be met by the swimmer. Failure to do so will result in a move to the County Performance Squad or Club Squad.
Junior Squad or Senior Club
If competing at a high level is not what you want, however, you still want to compete and maintain your fitness through swimming you can join the either the Junior Squad or Senior Club Squad and continue with your training, if you wish to join one of the performance squads at a later date you still have the option. Generally, the Senior Club Squad will be for swimmers approximately 12 years plus, taking into account those children who want to reduce the commitment to training when they enter Year 7 at secondary school.